俄罗斯世界杯投注官网

发表时间:2010-06-20内容来源:VOA英语学习网

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson49:Horrible Experiences可怕的经历

721. I saw a child begging on the street this morning.

今天早上我在街上看到一个男孩乞讨。

722. The car hit him right in front of me.

就在我面前,一辆车撞到他了。

723. His arm was cut very badly by the fan blade.

他的手被电风扇的扇叶严重割伤了。

724. I was once beaten very badly by a robber.

我曾经被一个劫匪毒打了一顿。

725. After the crash, the doctors had to pick out glass from my leg.

车祸后,医生必须把碎玻璃从我的腿中取出来。

726. I could hear the child crying all night outside.

我听到这个小孩一整夜都在外面哭。

727. Her baby was eaten by wolves.

她的孩子被狼吃了。

728. The fire destroyed our entire house.

大火烧毁了我们的整栋房子。

729. My aunt’s finger was cut off while she was working in a factory.

在工厂工作时,我姑姑的手指被切断了。

730. The accident left him blind in one eye.

这次事故弄瞎了他的一只眼睛。

731. I cut myself while fixing the lawnmowerw.

在修理割草机的时候,我割伤了自己。

732. He was on a business trip and was on his way home when the terrorists killed him.

他正在出差,在回家的路上他被恐怖分子杀了。

733. It was the single worst terrorist attack that the world has ever seen.

这是世界上最严重的一次恐怖袭击。

734. I have two broken ribs, and they hurt when I move too much.

我断了两根肋骨,走动多了就会疼。

735. I managed to punchy one of them, but I couldn’t take on both of them at the same time.

我挥拳打了其中的一个,但是我不能同时对付他们俩。

【生词解读】

1. horrible [5hCrEbl] a. 可怕的,令人毛骨悚然的

2. blade [bleid] n. 叶片状物;桨叶

3. lawnmower [5lC:nmEuE] n. 割草机

4. rib [rib] n. 肋,肋骨

5. punch [pQntF] v. 用拳猛击

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.discjockeydirectory.com/html/20100620/21905.html