俄罗斯世界杯投注官网

发表时间:2019-01-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

仅此而已 End of story.

孩子是健康孩子 The baby was viable.

但我和弗兰西斯 不是好父母 Francis and I, as parents, were not.

我要说清楚 So, let me be clear.

这将是我最后一次谈及这个话题 This is the last I will ever say on this subject.

好的 Okay.

今天在座的各位 都让我非常骄傲 I am so proud of every person around this table.

她们每一个人都服务国家多年 Each of them has served this country

兢兢业业 忠于职守 with honor and distinction.

有些已经位列副部 Some as deputy secretaries.

她们都是美国人中的佼佼者 They are all accomplished Americans

在各自部门和领域中成就卓着 and members of their respective departments.

不过还是由她们介绍自己吧 But I'll let them speak for themselves.

大家好 我是珍妮佛·邦加顿 Hello, my name is Jennifer Baumgarten,

担任代理联邦检察官 and I am the acting Attorney General of the United States.

珍妮会帮我大忙的 Jenny's going to come in very handy.

就司法部目前而言 And as far as the Justice Department is concerned,

我也认同总统清理门户的努力 I share the President's commitment to cleaning house.

可是副总统出席所有内阁会议 But isn't it customary for the vice president

不是惯例吗 to attend all cabinet meetings?

并不是必须出席 Not necessarily, no.

是这样 自从我加入安德伍德政府 Listen, ever since I joined the Underwood administration,

总统和我始终合作紧密 信任无间 the President and I have worked together on a daily basis.

配合默契 我们就是这样 Hand in glove. That's the way we work.

你被要求辞职是真的吗 Is it true that you were asked to resign?

什么 当然没有 What? No.

没有 No.

至于我通俄的指控 更是荒唐 And the Russians and me, it's preposterous.

我和总统都同意 Look, the President and I agree

揪出这些不实指控背后主谋的最好办法 the best way to find out who's behind these accusations

就是任命一位特别检察官 is to appoint a special prosecutor.

让他或她依法履职 And let him or her do her job.

-非常感谢 -再问一个问题 一个问题 - Thanks very much. - One more question, one question!

副总统先生 再问一个问题 Mr. Vice President, one question.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.discjockeydirectory.com/html/20190113/House-of-Cards-06-06-2.html