俄罗斯世界杯投注官网

发表时间:2019-01-13内容来源:VOA英语学习网

我是H·G·威尔斯 My name is H.G. Wells.

我朋友约翰是开膛手杰克 My friend John is Jack the Ripper.

他乘坐我的时光机从1893年逃走 He's escaped from 1893 in my time machine,

我是唯一能抓住他的人 and I am the only one who can catch him.

关于你我还知道一些 I know things about you

你自己都不知道的事 that you don't even know about yourself.

比如你有个儿子 Like the fact that you have a son.

在巴黎 In Paris.

亨利·艾尔斯 Henry Ayers.

不可能 Impossible.

你问过我是否相信命运 You asked me if I believe in fate.

我十分确信此时此刻是命中注定的 Oh, I believe very much so that this moment was destined to happen.

我知道你们去了我儿时的家 I understand you went to my childhood home.

我们无意中听到了你父亲在讨论工作 We did overhear your father talk about his work.

乌托邦计划 Project Utopia?

我不知道什么乌托邦计划 I don't know of any Project Utopia.

格里芬 你妹妹来了 Griffin, your sister's here.

布鲁克 你来这儿干什么啊 Brooke. What in the hell are you doing here?

约翰逃了 John escaped.

发生什么了 你本该关好他的 What happened? You were supposed to keep him locked up.

我认识你 I know you.

天啊 你在看什么 Good Lord. What are you looking at?

这是一战的影像资料 This is actual footage from World War I.

人类对决机器 这不是战争 It's man versus machine. It's not war.

这是屠杀 It's slaughter.

为什么约翰要去这个时间 Why would John go to such a time?

1918年3月30日的巴黎有什么重要的 What was so important in Paris on March 30, 1918?

你能再打开一遍那幅地图吗 Could you open up that map again?

目前为止我们只知道 All we know so far

他去了布洛涅森林公园 is that he landed at Bois de Boulogne Park.

他可以从那儿去往任何地方 不可能找得到 And he could have gone anywhere from there. Be impossible to find.

那天发生了什么 What was happening on that day?

巴黎炮

当时已接近一战尾声 It was toward the end of World War I.

德军有一个叫做巴黎炮的新型武器 The Germans had a new artillery weapon called the Paris Gun.

他们将其藏在郊区 随机向城区开炮 They hid it in the countryside and fired it into the city at random.

来自:VOA英语网 文章地址: http://www.discjockeydirectory.com/html/20190113/Time-After-Time-01-05-1.html